Any non-digital item checked out at a JCLC location will be renewed automatically at the end of its lending period, with the following exceptions:
- Another patron places a reserve on that item
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals (2 for most items)
- Your account has accrued $5.01 or more in fines
- If the item is not renewable
- Your account activity has been blocked
- The item is an eBook (digital item)
You may renew items in-person, by phone, or online. To renew online, click here. To renew by phone, call 205-536-7750 during normal library hours. Be sure to have your library card available. You will be notified by courtesy email notice that your item has been automatically renewed. If you do not receive courtesy email notices, you will not be notified by phone. However, when the item is overdue, you will be alerted with the standard notice.